This resource has been produced in two different formats:
- a self-access resource for learners with online activities
- this teacher’s pack, including teachers’ notes and worksheets to download
Level: Entry 3 – Level 1 / SQA Intermediate 1 – Intermediate 2 / CEFR level B1 – B2
There are three topics in An introduction to care work:
- Topic 1: What's involved in care work
- Topic 2: Qualities of a care worker
- Topic 3: What motivates people to go into care work?
The films feature interviews with care workers talking about their jobs, the qualities required and what motivates them. The video clips comprise a series of sound bites, with the interviewer edited out. A lesson has been developed around each film. Each unit can be taught as a standalone.
The resource is suitable for whole class use, in a variety of settings, including workplace, voluntary and community. Timings are flexible since learners can work through at their own pace.
Downloads and self-access resources