This lesson includes a variety of activities to use with your ESOL learners in prison to encourage reading for pleasure, begin to critically examine texts, and develop an interest in books. It provides students with a range of tasks to develop reading, writing and speaking and listening skills related to books and vocabulary related to literature.
Topic: Using books with learners in prisons
Level: Entry level 1 - 3 / National 2 – 4 / CEFR A1 - B1
Time: 155 minutes plus extensions. You could split the lesson over more than one session.
- To develop students’ ability in reading.To encourage reading for pleasure.
Learners will be able to:
- understand vocabulary relating to books
- understand how to improve their reading skills
- talk about their thoughts about books
- plan and write a simple book reviews.