This lesson is about using the gym. It provides students with the vocabulary and speaking practice to feel more confident in understanding and talking to gym staff and users about gym equipment and exercise.
Topic: Using the gym
Level: Entry 1 - Entry 3, Scottish National 1 – 4
Time: Approx. 90 minutes
- to help learners recognise and use common gym-related terminology
- to talk to gym staff about their exercise preferences and aims.
- recognise the names of five different health checks used in the gym
- recognise and use gym related vocabulary for various types of exercises
- recognise and use the names of five pieces of common gym equipment
- talk about their use of the gym and fitness aims.