This lesson is about using the library in prison. It provides students with authentic reading practice, in the context of a library newsletter and prepares them for a visit to the library, to explore what there is for ESOL learners.
Topic: Making the most of the prison library
Level: Entry 1 - Entry 3 / National 2 - 4
Time: minimum 90 minutes
- to develop students’ ability to read and understand information about library services in prison
- to take part in a discussion about different services and activities in the library
- to ask for information about library services.
All learners will be able to:
- understand vocabulary for talking about different services on offer at the library
- read a library newsletter and answer simple comprehension questions
- exchange opinions about library services
- ask for information in the library.