This lesson is about women’s reproductive health and addresses sensitive areas that may be culturally difficult for some learners. However it provides an important area of learning and the correct vocabulary that may not have previously been taught. Please use this lesson plan sensitively and consider the learners in your class. It is possible that your learners do not have much biological knowledge so bear this in mind particularly for Activity 1.
Level: Entry level 1 - 3 / Scottish Access 2 – National 4 / CEFR A1 - B1
Time: 130 minutes plus extensions. Timings are flexible and teachers can break down the units into smaller chunks of learning and build in revision as required
- To allow learners to understand and be able to speak about female reproductive organs and issues to do with them.
All learners will be able to:
- use specialist vocabulary about women’s reproductive organs
- pronounce some of these words
- give advice using should and shouldn’t
Some learners will be able to:
- write sentences giving advice about reproductive health