This lesson focuses on vocabulary to describe nine typical tasks a catering assistant does: mop floors, wipe work surfaces, sweep up, chop, peel, serve meals, wash tea towels, load and unload the dishwasher. A listening task uses this vocabulary to make requests and learners practise making polite requests in role play situations and games.
Topic: Vocabulary and functional language for a catering assistant’s role.
Time: 90 minutes
- To become more familiar with the job description of a catering assistant
- To use language related to working in that role
- Know nine key tasks a catering assistant does in their job
- Make polite requests in a catering kitchen
- Understand seven words/phrases you often see on a job description.