At the Department Store (Part One)
This is the first of two lessons introducing the topic of department stores. Students will develop their vocabulary to talk about the different floors and departments and practise asking and answering questions to find out where departments are situated.
Topic: How to find your way around a department store
- To expand students’ vocabulary of department store floors and departments.
- To develop students’ ability to ask and answer questions to find out where departments are located within a store.
Lesson plan: guide for teacher on procedure (download at the bottom of the page)
Worksheets: Worksheets which can be printed out for use in class. (download at the bottom of the page)
- Worksheet A: Internal pictures of department stores
- Worksheet B: Floor Cards (1 set per pair – cut up)
- Worksheet C: Department Cards (1 set per pair – cut up)
- Worksheet D: Finding Departments Cards (cut up and hand out 1 card per student)
- Worksheet E: Reading – Floors and Departments (1 per student)
Plenty of magazine pictures of items that can be bought from department stores (to cover all 9 departments listed in Worksheet C)
The plans and worksheets are downloadable and in pdf format - right click on the attachment below and save it on your computer.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org