This lesson plan provides students with a framework for generating and sequencing ideas for writing a short story.
Time: 1.5 hours
- To develop students’ ability to generate ideas for writing a short story
- To provide students with the tools and structure for writing a short story
- To give practice in describing and giving opinions on pictures
This lesson provides students with a framework to generate and sequence their ideas in order to write a short story.
You will need:
- Realia: a child’s story book, with pictures
- Post-it notes or small sticky slips of paper – 10 per group of 4-5 students for warmer
- Scissors (1 per group)
Download the following:
- lesson plan
- Resource A: enlarge and cut up so each of the 5 photos is separate. Also prepare one normal-sized copy for each group
- Worksheet 1 – one per student
- Worksheet 2 – one per student
Copyright - please read