Learn the vocabulary of supermarkets and adjectives you can use to describe them.
▶Task 1 - learn new words
▶Task 2 - using adjectives
Adjectives are words that describe nouns. For example:
- a BIG supermarket,
- a SMALL shop,
- a HEAVY basket,
- a BEAUTIFUL woman.
▶Task 3 - prepositions of place
In this exercise you can read a description of the picture, but some words are missing …
▶Task 4 - make sentences
As well as practice for the exam, describing people or things is a very useful skill to have. Here are some examples of when you may want to describe something:
- you want to buy something and you describe to the shop assistant what you are looking for
- you see a film and you want to tell people about it
- you visit an interesting place and you want to share your experience
- you go to a party or a wedding and you want to tell others about it
- you witness a crime or an accident and the police ask you to describe what you saw
- you go to a museum and you want to describe your favourite picture
- and many more!!
Why not post your description on the ESOL Nexus website?