Have you ever had to write a curriculum vitae? Did you find it difficult? This activity will help you to think about the language you need to write a good CV.
A CV is a document which you give to an employer when you apply for a job. It is a summary of your education, skills and work that you have done.
▶Task 1 - what do you know about CVs?
▶Task 2 - sections of a CV
CVs are made up of different sections including:
- Profile – A short positive statement about yourself.
- Skills - describes the things you can do.
- Education – about courses you have done at school, college or university.
- Experience – about jobs or voluntary positions you have had.In the activity below, sort the information from João’s CV into the right sections.
In the activity below, sort the information from João’s CV into the right sections.
▶Task 3 - vocabulary in use
In CVs it is important to use positive vocabulary to impress the person who is going to give you the job.
This exercise will help you find words and phrases to describe:
- customer service skills
- administration skills
- how you work in a team
- how you use your initiative