This lesson provides students with facts about their consumer rights, to make them better informed when they are buying items in shops or online. As well as learning common collocations related to consumer rights, they will practise their listening skills and take part in a role-play to return a faulty item.
Topic Consumer rights: getting repairs, a refund or a replacement
Time: 1.5 hours
- To develop students’ ability to listen for detail
- To give practice of describing problems
- To develop students’ vocabulary of common collocations related to consumer rights
You will need:
- A computer or smartboard and internet access to show the video.
- Worksheet 1: one per student
- Worksheet 2: one per student
- Worksheet 3: one per student
- Worksheet 4: cut up, one per group (3-4 students)
- One dictionary for every 3 – 4 students.
- Realia: a shop receipt. If possible, also bring a range of slightly damaged items, to illustrate different kinds of problems – e.g. a chipped cup, an item of clothing with a hole or button missing.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the BBC and British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at:email@example.com