This lesson is about travel and transport within the UK and beyond. It provides learners with the vocabulary required to understand exam instruction and for the subject of travel. It includes practice for all 3 Skills for Life exams, as well as tips about how to improve. Should you wish to use the lesson plan for another topic in the exam range, substitute the content with the required topic and source relevant reading materials in a variety of genres.
Topic: Travel and transport
Time: 140 minutes plus extensions. You may wish to split this lesson over two sessions.
- to become familiar with all 3 papers of ESOL Skills for Life E2 exams
- to develop learners’ vocabulary of travel and related language.
Learners will be able to/ have made a start to:
- speak and listen using the exam format
- understand exam conditions and some exam instructions
- complete typical reading and writing exam tasks.