Level: ESOL Entry 3 / SQA ESOL Intermediate 1 in Scotland / A2 – B2 CEFR Framework
This resource has been produced in two different formats:
- a self-access resource for learners with online activities
- this teacher’s pack, including teachers’ notes and worksheets to download
Time: Approximately 2 hours. Timings are flexible and teachers can break down the units into smaller chunks of learning and build in revision as required.
- To establish the context for learning.
- To give learners the chance to listen to an authentic interaction with a customer.
- To help learners understand the basic rules for using articles and apply these in a retail context.
- To develop aural discrimination of pairs of numbers such as 14 and 40 in the context of prices.
- To introduce a range of ways of saying prices.
- To practise basic numeracy skills in a realistic context.
You will need:
- computers for each learner/pair of learners, with earphones or audio speakers.
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: email@example.com