This resource is designed to help learners to find out about the documents they need to drive legally in the UK. The resource consists of a short reading followed by a comprehension exercise and two grammar exercises.
Learning hours and delivery context
Timings are flexible and teachers can break down the units into smaller chunks of learning and build in differentiation, revision and extension activities as required. The resource is suitable for community ESOL and ESOL delivered in adult learning or FE. Additionally, the teacher notes provide suggestions on how practitioners can develop further linked learning.
Time: approximately 45 minutes
- To teach learners about the documents that they need to drive in the U.K.
- To practise reading information about driving documents.
- To support learners to make sentences using must and mustn’t.
- To practise using a/an.
You will need:
- Access to computers or paper copies of the worksheets.
- A sample of a driving document such as a driving licence.
- Enlarged pictures of the four driving documents.
- Cut up sentences about the four documents for reading activity.
- Pictures of road signs are available at http://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consum_dg/groups/dg_digitalassets/@dg/@en/@motor/documents/digitalasset/dg_191955.pdf.
- Teacher's notes
- Worksheets for learners
- Samples of driving documents
Copyright - please read
All the materials on these pages are free for you to download and copy for educational use only. You may not redistribute, sell or place these materials on any other web site without written permission from the British Council. If you have any questions about the use of these materials please email us at: email@example.com